The MinSCAT Scholarship and Financial Assistantship Program
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for the MinSCAT Scholarship Program, the following must be met by the applicant:
- Bona fide student of MinSCAT;
- Has a regular load per semester as certified by the College Registrar;
- Has a good moral character as certified by the Guidance Counselor;
- Has passed all of his/her subjects;
- Has submitted Certification of Grades duly signed by the College Registrar;
- Has no existing scholarship both from private and public agencies; and
- Has passed the interview to be conducted by the Screening Committee.
The program will primarily benefit the following groups of students based on the following qualifications:
- Must be an active member for at least one year and has participated in the major activities of the band.
- Must possess superior skills and ability in playing his/her designated musical instrument.
- Must be a member of the band for at least one semester.
- Must have shown ability/skill in playing his/her designated musical instrument.
MinSCAT Dance Troupe and other College Accredited Performing Group Member
- Must be an active member for at least one year and has participated in major performances of the group such as local, regional, and national competitions.
- Must be a member for at least one semester
- Must undergo training and has performed at least two major activities of the College.
Varsity athlete should meet the Guidelines for the Selection of Athletes (Section 18.104.22.168 to 3.4.3) and Duties of Varsity Athletes (Section 3.4.4 .1) of the Sports Development Program and Guidelines approved by the BOT, Resolution No. 7 s. of 2011.
- Must be Gold medalist (National and Regional Competition)
- Must be Silver and Bronze medalist (National and Regional Competition)
Regular Student – Applicant
1. Must have a General Weighted Average of 2.25.
2. Must submit Certification of Indigency from respective Barangay.
- The qualification standards for application for full and partial college academic scholarship are stipulated in the Student Handbook as approved by the MinSCAT BOT, page 30.
- Students who qualified for Full Scholarship and Partial Scholarship will receive a monthly stipend of 500.00 and 300.00 respectively.
The Band members, Dance Troupe members, Varsity Athletes, members of other College accredited performing groups and poor/indigent students who qualify for the program will avail 100% tuition fee discount for full scholars while the partial scholars will be given 50% tuition fee discount.
The full scholars will receive also Php 500.00 monthly stipend/ financial assistance for a total of Php 2,500.00 per semester while the partial scholars will receive Php 300.00 monthly stipend / financial assistance for a total of Php 1,500 per semester.
With regards to the academic scholars, same amount of monthly stipend / financial assistance will be received with an amount of Php 500.00 and Php 300.00 for full and partial scholars respectively.
APPLICATION AND SCREENING PROCEDURE
Application forms may be obtained and submitted to the Office of the Student Welfare Services. Interview and selection process will be conducted by the Selection Committee.
The selection committee will be composed of the Director for Student Welfare Services as Chairperson with the following as members:
MinSCAT Federation of Student Council (MFSC) Adviser;( Regular Member)
- MinSCAT Federation of Student Council( MFSC) Chairperson; ( Regular Member)
- College Student Council (CSC) Adviser – (per campus);
- College Student Council( CSC) Chairperson- (per campus);
- College Student Council (CSC) Secretary – (per campus);
- Scholarship Coordinator – (per campus);
- Adviser of the concerned group (i.e. bandmaster, dance troupe and sports coordinators) who will only sit as member of the concerned applicant is included in their group; ( per campus)
TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Failure to meet the academic requirements.
- Failure to attend 3 consecutive meetings, practices, and training set by the trainers/advisers without valid reasons.
- Failure to attend meetings, practices, and training with an aggregate of ten (10) absences for one semester without any valid reason.